How to deal with wrong mold variation

I have a customer that purchased a somewhat pricey items (white flexible hoses).
The item was listed as tabbed end but I sent a tabless removable end.
My store is marked as do not differentiate mold variations.
What is the proper course of action ?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • For a purist completing a Market Street, that can be a big deal. It may or may not be correct but Bricklink's inventory has set the standard for this set to have the tabbed ends version, with no variant available.

Sometimes the variants can be a big deal. Listing them correctly can help even if you say you don't differentiate. Buyers may not always see that you don't differentiate.

Perhaps you could refund him the difference in the parts or offer a return? For grooved vs. non-grooved jumper plates it may not matter so much. But this part has a special precedent.

Brian
  • I usually do list the "special parts" with the right variation for exactly that reason.

I have asked how much the shipping would cost him (it is an international order of course) or offer to refund half of the value.

The funny thing is that the BO catalog shows the tabless (which is what I sent) as the market street version. But BL the one with tabs.
  • Sorry, but I have to go with your buyer. This is not a mold variation, but they are different parts. And what is even more important, with an enormous price difference between the two. Offering to refund half of the price, doesn't correspond to the price situation of this part at all, the price of the white tabbed part being in average 4 times the price of the white tabless part (and harder to find).
  • Fair point. I guess on the flip side BO do list them as a variations and shows a clear warning before adding the part to the cart to contact the seller.

With all that said, I do consider this my mistake as I have been very careful in the past to list the correct variations for expensive parts. I didn't realize the price difference was so steep, I remembered both versions to be difficult to find. I have fully refunded the buyer.

Maybe what we need for stores that do not differentiate variations is an override (checkbox in inventory to confirm a particular type).