2x4 bulk buying

Might have a new project coming up and was wondering what's the best way to get bulk bricks?
For example 6000.

I know I can get them from a Lego store at about 140 bricks per tub.
Is there a better way than that?
Thanks

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I meant: is a tub from a PAB wall? Seemed like a suggestion reading it again
  • Yes that's the 140 bricks per tub. Which is about 42 PAB tubs. Bricks have to be pushed together to get that many per tub, which is going to take a while!
    They're also not allowed to sell them by the box anymore in-store!
  • You weren't clear if you need 6000 of one single size & color, or if you need lots of different pieces, just 6000 total. The answer makes a huge difference. If you need a lot of many types, create a wish list here, and it will help you find stores that can supply most of what you need. If you need 6000 of a single piece, your options are more limited. Check here first, but the larger the piece, the harder it will be to find that quantity from a single store. If you are looking for 6000 1x1 plates for a mosaic, you might be okay here. If you are looking for 6000 2x4 bricks your only real option to purchase them new is from Lego.com Pick a Brick. You can add 1000 to your cart and change the quantity to 6 when you check out. It would be quite expensive though!
  • edited February 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Markyd7 You should go to a Lego store and ask if you can buy the whole boxes they use to fill up the Pick-A-Brick wall. It's entirely up to the manager to accept or not though (it can help if you are a member of some LUG and previously exposed your creations).

There are 675 Bricks 2 x 4 per box, do the math for the price given.

Edit: I just read your comment that they don't sell the boxes anymore, darn!
  • 6000 2x4 bricks of medium and dark stone in total.
    I've spoken to the manager at my local store and he knows I'm a seller.
    He's always been very helpful so I might try again. He said the problem was people selling the boxes on ebay.
    Not sure if this is the same in other countries but I'm guessing the shipping of 10 boxes might be a bit expensive?
  • I believe I have about 4000 medium stone gray bricks in my stockroom if you need. I also have 13,000 2x2 bricks and thousands of the larger 2x bricks in medium stone gray. Let me know if you're interested.
  • Thanks, have PM you.
  • LEGOLAND Germany may have those bricks and it easy to collect them and straight into the bags and pay by weight. Going there in June to hunt for 2x4 white bricks, they are not many to find in London Lego stores and stores here as I need thousands. I avoid buying anything from USA or Canada due to customs here unless I go there and fill my suitcase with it.