Re Naming my store

I have renamed my store in the settings but it does not seam to be working, maybe its just me. We are changing name as we have branched out and sell much more than just LEGO now and are soon to open a store full of loads of new and used LEGO action figures vintage toys games etc. We have therefore changed to a more suitable name and would like it across all selling platforms: in store on ebay and brickowl etc

It should now be "RePlay Toy Cavern" (which is our trading name, we are still actually called Shed load O bricks for tax and legal purposes just Trading As RePlay Toy Cavern)

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Looks fine to me, maybe needed a while to recache. Your logo in your banner needs to be updated tho.
  • @Shedloadobricks
    Renaming your store seems to have worked fine, but the sites 'differeciates' user name and store name, those are 2 different things, and as far as I know a username can only be changed by admin (I had the operation for my own username done through him).
  • Wondering if renaming a store would bring more or less orders if many buyers think it a new store?
  • @jiries.
    IMHO changing Store name and/or username is always a bad move, for new buyers it won't change a thing, as they will find you based on what you have to offer, for previous customers it's a bad move as they usually 'remember' your store(/user)name and will have a hard time finding you or make the match with your new name. For a starting store/user it's a little less important, for users (or shopnames) who have been around in the community for a while it's not that good, as you're no longer 'recognised' by other users.
    If the change is done to 'hide' after some bad transactions it's usually pointless, as there will be always someone who catches it ;-)

Eric

PS my initial username differed from my more 'known' name, but that was for a reason, before I started selling on BO I switched towards my commonly known username and storename, with reason: to be recognised... not by the new users on BO, but by the whole of the community who already knew me from other sites :P
  • Thanks all,
    I didn't want to name my real world store "Shed Load O Bricks" as it didn't seam fitting so I had to make the change and rather than using different names everywhere wanted just one, I do get many regular customers on all the market places I sell on but they seam to be coming back still so it's obviously not causing too many problems, my orders have started to pick up again after a lul at the end of January but it was probably because I was away for a few days, and until the broadband is connected up here I am stuck using dial up speed from my phone and with limited data so I haven't yet updated everything (like the logo) or listed much new parts in the last few weeks,

Again Thanks everyone, glad it seams to have worked now.