Adding lot number to sets i part out.

Hi. I sell other peoples sets in my shop by parting them out. Is there a way to assign a number to the set i part out? When someone places an order at my site i would love to see which set that part originated from. B-)

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can use the 'personal note' field to keep track where it came from, thing is, if you do it like that, in the long run you'll have a hard time when you consolidate (and the latter is recommended), as you'll run out of characters space. If you keep seperate listings, in the end you'll have 20x the same part in your inventory, really a burdon for buyers (that is if they find you, as if they are looking for higher quantities of the same part, they might miss your store).
  • Rob:thanks for the reply.

When I part out a set there is a field called "destination", and the only option is "New lot". Can anyone tell me what this field is meant to be used for. Is it only for consolidation when you have the item from earlier?
  • @BricksNorway
    it's Eric not Rob ;-) (but no problem)
    Destination is either Store or Whislist
    Are you doing straight part-outs on BO?
    Or are you are importing a file and using the options there?

New lot would mean the system doesn't check wether you already have the same item in inventory and will simply create a new one (regardless wether it concerns used or new items, that is related to the condition of the lot you select).
    If you use the consolidate function, the quantities will be added to an existing lot if any exist, if not, new lots will be created.