Hello from Wisconsin

Just thought I would finally pipe in and introduce myself. Just joined this place not all that long ago. I've used it many times before for instructions and to check inventory lists, before even realizing I could purchase parts to complete sets here. Well, I've died and gone to Lego Heaven, lol.

I'm a grandmother, which means I was introduced to Legos when they mainly consisted of basic bricks, plates, tiles, some shrubs, trees, the infamous red and yellow windows, etc., and loved them even then. Between my Lego King grandson (age 8) who lives for Legos, and my second hand shop, myself and Legos have become "reunited", lol. I buy my grandson sets for every birthday and Christmas, and now also buy for the younger ones, plus nephews, that have "discovered" the magic of Legos. I bought some legos at a flea market to try and re-sell at my shop, and that's how it all really began. I researched parts to see if I could build anything with what I had and that's basically how I found the Brick Owl and how I found out about LDD. It's also how I discovered I DO NOT like to buy bulk mixed lots of Legos too, lol. I prefer "collections" it seems.

Today's Lego age is full of more fantastic building pieces and sets than ever, and I've become somewhat of an addict I think. Just what is it about Legos anyway? And what is it about a person's need to make sure a set is "complete"? HA. I think I have a little OCD going on there, lol.

Personally, I think Legos are awesome, and every kid should own some. Yes, they can be expensive, but they are worth it. Take the $40 you were going to spend on a video game and buy some Legos instead, lol. At least the kid will have a creative outlet and build on their imaginations with that, lol.

Anyhoo...a huge thanks to those that make this place possible, and to all of the sellers out there that I've already ordered/purchased from, and have yet to order from. So far my buying experience has been phenomenal. My packages have been so neatly packed and organized, and shipped as promptly as one can with such an order (nearly pick a brick style-tedious work), and have arrived in a timely fashion. Timely is hard to do with bubble mailers...I call it "snail mail". That just means if I order and I get it in 2 weeks time, to me that's "timely" and I'm happy. Of course, then there's the "out of the country" orders...which I allow even more time for, lol.
Keep up the good work everyone!! Thanks for making Brick Owl so enjoyable!!
Candy

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Nice story, thanks for sharing!
    Personally, I think Legos are awesome, and every kid should own some.
    Oh absolutely. Years ago, while working remotely and travelling through third-world countries, after every work meeting in the U.S./Canada, I used to fill up my luggage with Lego boxes to sell below cost. I just couldn't bare to see kids without Lego (my expenses were very low in third-world countries anyway).

You are here among other addicts, welcome! :)