Member use only firstname + other not English readable

I got a quote with only a firstname (and address). Why did this member not fill in his full name?
Has already 16 feedbacks, so nobody give attention to also use the full name?
Isn't that not needed?

Another one came in with a not English readable address. (Think it was arabic?) why not possible automatic readable in English so everybody can read?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This has been brought up before.

http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/3033/making-last-names-required

I would like to see last names required as it is required to have one to ship. It only slows down the process by not having all the required information.
  • Check the payment notice and see if it is there.
  • Check the payment notice and see if it is there.
    For the firstname only, this is a quote. For the not English readable way, received payment via Paypal and also not readable.

• edited February 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @elias3
    There is a country flag I assume ?
    Add the English writing of the country, so our postmen here now what plane to put it on. The postmen over there will do the rest :-)
  • Yes but... How do I know that the address is right if I can' t read it? Did my computer and dymo import it good? For me it is only a few lines etc...
    Update for the 'without' name, that member placed an order and paid, Pp address also with first name only. The name is in the email subject.
  • edited February 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes but... How do I know that the address is right if I can' t read it? Did my computer and dymo import it good? For me it is only a few lines etc...
    Update for the 'without' name, that member placed an order and paid, Pp address also with first name only. The name is in the email subject.
    I understand your concern, I've felt the same, but I think it's just a matter of... letting go :) It's commendable you want to provide the best service but when it comes to providing a working address that is completely up to the buyer. The seller just has to trust it. I'd say just write your return address very clearly and completely and just go with it :) As long as it's not EU no last name is required for your administration.
    This has been brought up before.

http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/3033/making-last-names-required

I would like to see last names required as it is required to have one to ship. It only slows down the process by not having all the required information.
    Interesting that last names are required in those American systems. Just like Lawrence said in that linked topic, the addressee could be a company. How do you send something to a company/instancy then?

• In the case of a last name field, you can always add Inc, or LLC, or Ltd. or GmbH in that field.
  • Sometimes paypal only gives a christian name ? Imagine if you had an order from the artist formally known as Prince ? ( 1x2 plates dark purple )
This discussion has been closed.