Wrong part color for a set

Hi. For set 10027, Train Engine Shed, I believe that all of the parts named color Dark Stone Gray should be Dark Gray. Every site I checked lists it as Dark Gray except here and Brickset. Unfortunately for me, I parted it out and already placed some orders for what is now the wrong color. Lesson learned for me to know the equivalent color names across all these Lego sites... I obviously wasn't up on my grays. But can you check it out and correct it? Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Actually, both versions exist, the set was originally made with Dark Gray and Light Gray, after the transition in 2004, several sets (so not only 10027) where also made with Medium Stone and Dark Stone grays in last production runs. I have both versions of this set, the only part that wasn't made in Medium Stone Gray seems to be the door with trans black window, I suppose TLG had enough stock on those.

You always need to check the grays if sets are from the 2004-2006 period, as they also might have a mix of both the old and new grays (known example:10030 Star Destroyer)

Cheers, Eric

PS inventories are usually considered 'guidelines', they are not always an absolute truth, it is still up to the seller to check actual content, particulary on part outs
  • Good to know about both gray versions. Thanks so much.
  • Maybe the old gray version should be 10027-1, and the new gray version 10027-2? This has been done for other sets on other sites too (10030, for example).