Buying from your own store.

Maybe a silly feature request but would it be possible to allow sellers to "buy" from their own store.
I am by far my best customer and it would be neat if I could just create wish lists and remove inventory in one swoop (today I have to go in the inventory item by item which is very tedious).
All that without paying fees of course ;)
I assume there are a lot of details around it like making sure those transactions would not skew stats etc but that would be great

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just place an order as usual and select check as payment method. Afterwards i cancel the order but do not return items to the inventory. No fees are charged. Works for me.
  • This feature already exists and is extremely useful as we create lots of sets using our own inventory. You can give yourself an unlimited coupon for free shipping, and you can set up a cash or other non-automated payment type.
  • Interesting. I wonder what happen if you give yourself an unlimited coupon in cash + free shipping.
  • Ok thanks, this works. No need to setup another payment method.
    Admin should check to make sure this doesn't skew the stats of the site.
  • I guess there is one glitch. I can't cancel the order because the amount needs to be greater then 0. In practice this won't be an issue but this one was a test order ;)
  • @weberemmanuel
    Why would you wanna cancel the order, why was it zero? The latter because you gave yourself a 100% coupon? You don't need to do so, you don't pay fees on purchases from your own store.
    If you add payment method cash and use it, then set paid and received, you're done ;-)
  • Maybe an other option for those of you using Brickstock: Add the items, but place a minus sign for the amount after adding the items (can't place the minus WHILE adding). It then subtracts the items from your inventory when you upload the file.

Be careful with multiple lots and lots with a description however.
  • @RobErNat
    For testing this I picked a random item in inventory (so I wanted to cancel the order to return it ;) ).
    I gave myself a coupon with free shipping and a lot of cash so the total amount was $0.
    The idea was not to have to add a new payment method.

• I never knew you could order from your own store. I have a couple of wishlists that I could partially fill from my own stock. But I was too lazy to remove items from stock manually so I never bothered. Doh!

• ...you don't pay fees on purchases from your own store.
    However, if you are going to spend much at your own store, wouldn't it be best to have the order total be $0, since otherwise it would count as taxable income.

Katie

• @alltrightbricks
    Why would it?
    I assume what you put in tax reports are not orders but payments ;-)
  • I get payments by check, money order, cash. So I declare total orders.
    Honestly, I would prefer not to pay taxes at all :D
  • I never knew you could order from your own store. I have a couple of wishlists that I could partially fill from my own stock. But I was too lazy to remove items from stock manually so I never bothered. Doh!
    I've done this a few times as well. I guess I could just pay my wife to pick my order!

Just trying this giving myself 100% discount and it worked a treat.