Dual sided heads

I am continually running into this when pulling orders. I don't see any way to tell at a glance if a head is a dual sided head, much less see a picture of the other side of the head.

I sort my heads by characteristics (beard, stubble, open mouth etc.) I am always having trouble finding heads especially when the face I am looking for is on the seemingly, non existing other side of the head. Today it was 92605 Lucius Malfoy Head (Safety Stud) The opposite side of that head is the death mask, yet it doesn't even hint to it in the catalog entry.

So I'm wondering first if I'm just missing something huge, or if maybe this is something we need to address as a community. I understand that adding pictures of the back of the head might not work (my camera is not up to that quality), but surely adding at least that it is a dual head with what characteristics are found on the opposite side would be a good start.

I have yet to get a complaint from a buyer who has received a head with a dual face they were not expecting, but I am always holding my breath a little. There are often times when a dual head will show if the back of the figure is visible, and so might not be the best option.

I would be more than happy to start doing my part in editing these listing, but wanted to see first if maybe there was a reason this was not being addressed.

Thoughts?

Katie

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I had similar trouble with heads but in the end decided to store them by order of BOID. Turns out this is painless way of doing it, though I only sell on BO, might be a problem for ppl who sell on multiple platforms.
  • Not really a problem, I've recently sorted out most of my heads (still need to do torsos / legs / headgear) and simply made smaller boxes with small bags. Each bag contains maximum 10 different heads (in most cases less) and they are stored randomly (and I certainly avoided similar heads in the same bag). My remarks contains both Box and Bag number and also the BLID (as I use it as master file). Since I did so, picking heads has become a real pleasure and goes pretty quick.

I would certainly be in favor of having catalog pictures with both sides as main image in case of dual sides heads.
  • I would like to see at least in the description that a head is dual sided. It is up to us as a community to edit those descriptions.

Frank
  • Agreed, that's something we can fix as a community by submitting the changes to the catalog.

On a different topic, it might be a good idea to put information about the storage location in the Private Notes/Remarks of your lots... Here, any such storage location never holds two similar parts to make sure no confusion is possible.