Where can I find 8884 v2?

Is there a reason why the lego site only sells v1? Is there a speed difference in how fast the motor turns between the two?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There's a huge difference. The speed will seem the same when unloaded, but the performance of V2 is much better when the current increases. See:
    http://www.philohome.com/pfrec/pfrec.htm

I'm not sure if Lego currently sells V1 or V2. I assumed they would exhaust their stock of V1 before shipping V2... but some comments in the set's page indicate people have received V1 parts, while expecting V2.
  • well on the lego site it says This item is Version 1. Version 2 is not available for individual sale. Im fairly new to the adult lego thing but its a bit weird that they have made a better version but yet you cant buy it anywhere...
  • @Tcp
    Nothing weird about that, TLG never throws anything away, so while the v2 is in stock for new sets, they still have the V1 in stock, but not enough to fill a full line of newly produced sets. So they empty their stock first (also at Lego Stores), once they run out, they will sell the v2 ;-)
  • so would the new volvo set have the v1 or v2 or would it just be luck of the draw?
  • From parting experience: I have only encountered the v2 in the 7939 (cargo train) set. Volvo was always v1, as well as the other technic sets that should have it. Could be different for other countries/regions/stores.