Suggest feedback when marking an order "received"

I just noticed that a lot of orders (not many, but still a lot) get marked "received". However: feedback is given upon even less orders..

Maybe a small pop-up (with the option to give, and type feedback in the same pop-up) could appear with the suggestions to leave feedback once the button "received" is clicked?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • MY VOTE IS YES I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS.
  • I would also suggest something a little more persistent than a pop-up...

There's a count of "pending actions" next to one's profile, in the upper right corner. That count currently includes orders received (but not yet shipped) and new messages. Why not also include orders placed (but not yet received) and pending feedbacks? Although the feedback page would have to be changed to display missing feedbacks directly.

The color of that count could perhaps change depending on the priority of the pending actions (a new message would have higher priority than waiting for a placed order).
  • +1 for Stragus' idea.
  • Feedback is always optional, not an obligation, experiance on other sites tells me some buyers will simply never leave feedback (or indicate received). Imagine those who totally lack giving feedback having a counter that goes up and up, don't think they'll like it ;-)
    Admin recently made a small change in the placed orders overview, this might help a little, but I do suggest to all sellers to add a kind little note in the order regarding feedback, and why not, like I do, offer a coupon in return :P
    This might stimulate buyers a little and make them aware there is a feedback system ;-)

Eric
  • edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    YES.

BrickOwl attracts unexperienced buyers, or at least it seems that way to me, so anything that the system can do to guide them a bit is certainly welcome.. People on the other marketplace are much more pro, they know their stuff so the site can be crappy, but buyers here are more casual and could use a little help like the pop-up you described, or in the to-do actions list like Stragus described.

And another observation: I never mention it to buyers unless they bring it up, I think I've suggested the buyer to leave their feedback 3 times or so, and twice the buyer wanted to comply but did not know how to do it. So that is another factor at play..
  • It's not just the inexperienced buyers that need help/reminders. I often buy here but have to remind myself to leave feedback. Something on the dashboard encourage buyers to leave feedback with a link taking them straight to the feedback point would be great.
This discussion has been closed.