Forum Update

As will be very obvious, I've updated the forum. If you notice anything not working as it should, post it here and I will try to sort it.

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi when you hit recent discussions, it doesn't change all the discussions are allover the board. :(
  • Could you expand on what you are referring to?
  • when you used to hit recent discussions it would put them all in the top of the page, but now they are all over the place, not all at the top of the page.
  • Oh, when I click on recent discussions, I just see the discussions sorted by date
  • When I see the forum view, there are several threads marked *new* that are down stream a little. IIRC, they all used to be at the top. It seems to be sorting by original post date, not most recent post date.
  • Alright, I'll try to be descriptive enough here. My forum shows several posts, stickies on top, bold faced ones next, last are bold faced ones with a *new* tag. I'm not sure why the former bold faced titles don't have a *new* tag. I hadn't clicked them and they had comments in them. For the ones tagged *new*, I hadn't made any comments in those threads. In my opinion, all the bold faced titles should have a *new* tag.

Hope this helps.
  • The timestamps that are shown on the threads, how are they sorted? Ignoring the two at the top.
  • the time stamps are not taking in account for the am pm deviation. thus a 24hr clock would differentiate am pm. all the new messages are not at the very tope do to time stamp. it is taking the time of the clock as to line them up, not the last time they were read ore not.
  • I'm only seeing a date stamp. As for the new tags, at first I thought it was only putting them on threads that I've already read which have replies since then, but it seems that's incorrect.
  • Recent discussions is just meant to show you all discussions, sorted by date of last post. Whether they are read by you, or when they are read does not have an effect.
  • before the changes all unread messages used to be at the top of the page, now they are scattered throughout the page is that the way it is supposed to be?
  • Yes that's my understanding, it's just recent discussions, not unread discussions.
  • If that's the case, then for some reason the new format is not putting *new* tags on every recent discussion. The bunching was better this morning but it was 1 sticky, 1 bold faced with new tag, 1 bold faced SANS new tag, then 4 more bold with new tag. (Note that I had already clicked on the thread labeled "Forum Update" before I snapped this picture).

Hmm... I'd like to attach that screenshot but even after a refresh I can't attach a 287KB jpg.

• Hi something new today on new forum, there is no new block it is just white not grey.
    like the old dot matrix paper.
  • I think I figured it. The forum appears to be sorting threads by when they were last viewed by ANYBODY in the system. Not just the signed in user.