Updating lots through Brickstock

Earlier today I did a brickstock.bsx upload/update with id's. But I just ran into one lot that did not update. I have checked other lots, and they updated fine. But this particular lot had an quantity of 10 on BL (and in the brickstock file), and a quantity of 2 on BO. When I did the update, the quantity did not update.
I have been trying to figure what could be going on here, and the only thing I have found is that I had a comment associated with this lot, and since this comment was no longer relevant I removed it from my BL listing figuring that it would update automatically when I did the next update to BO. Even though the external lot id is the same, does messing with the comment somehow keep the lots from updating on BO? And if so, what else will cause this just so I am aware of it. I often adjust percentage of sale in BL and that carries through to BO.
If this is not what caused this lot to not update, does anyone with more knowledge than me have an idea about this.
Thanks,
Katie

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If the BSX upload uses LotID matching, it's possible that the BL lot reuses a LotID that was previously used, and BrickOwl then updates the quantity of the first matching lot, which might be the old one.

If the BSX upload uses BLID matching, it's possible the BLID was updated (BL changed thousands of IDs not long ago) and BrickOwl doesn't know that new BLID (yet).

There are a couple other possibilities...

On a related topic, is there a reason why don't use automated synchronization software like BrickSync or BrickPacker?
  • I'm still thinking the whole thing over, but that gives me a couple more ideas.

On the related topic. I downloaded BrickSync, and am mulling it over, but honestly I am about as computer literate as a toad. I really have no idea how to run it. Not that I don't think you couldn't walk me through the process, but I'm terrified of messing something up.
    I read a lot of the forum posts related to BrickSync, only because it was a little like reading a book written in a foreign language-- or more secret code :D
    Right now what I'm doing takes a little time, but it is very much down to habit and goes pretty quickly. I know exactly what is going on with each lot, and how they are getting updated. If I mess something up it is easy for me to track.

Some days when I get really busy, or I get in that 200 lot order, I think that maybe I will have to give it another go.
    It would be nice not to be checking for orders in the middle of the night every night :D
    Thank you,
    Katie
  • @Stragus. You were absolutely right on the lot issue. The item is 85959. Which I'm remembering now was marked for deletion on BL as they added a variation to this piece. I assumed that even if I changed the item number or even color of any lot, as long as the external id matched it would carry the change over to BO, but since Bo does not have this variation, there is no match for it.
    Makes sense now. Thanks!
  • Cool, I'm glad you figured it out.

By the way, BrickSync saves backups as BSX files, BrickStore files, before every and any change of inventory (such as new orders). So, even if you were to somehow mess something up, you could just grab some BSX file and upload manually to both sites.

I'm terribly lazy at writing documentation (even when I'm paid to do it!), but I really need to upload some friendly BrickSync guides... Or do we have any volunteer out there? :)