Sell item

When browsing the catalog, selecting an item and clicking sell -> add to inventory, a new lot is created for the part but the price defaults to 5 euro (for me it is). There are no options to quickly set it to average-6-months, or something else ... although this is an inventory setting on my store (on the /mystore/settings/inventory_settings page).

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you have the default is set to be the sale average, and the item has not sold, it will default to that price. At the moment as not much has sold the price history with regards to sales is poor, you might want to set it to current inventory for now.
  • Ok, thanks for the clarification!

Maybe as another suggestion the site could do that itself (pick average-new)? Since it can detect no sales were made and it chooses an amount anyhow ... 5 euro for a single part is rather silly, no? Better that it chooses an amount based on real numbers.
  • Maybe, I chose to do it that way as otherwise people would not be aware if the data is not available. It is a high price to make it obvious that you need to set the price yourself. It's a bit of a difficult one because different people have different preferences.
  • Ok on the high price ... but earlier today I accidentally added a set to my inventory and that one too was set to 5 euro ... ridiculously low in that case ;-)

Maybe highlight the price box (red or something) to clearly indicate the need to manually fill it in and add boxes beside it to take data from sources when those are available (like average-new).