Yearly spike in BrickOwl activity?

We have been selling for less than 9 months so I'm not too aware of yearly cycles and patterns. I expected the higher demand before Christmas, but the activity level really is going strong since November. I assume that's part of the normal yearly cycle? When do we get a respite? :)

We currently have 70k parts still sitting in sealed boxes, with some of them waiting since Black Friday. I'm afraid of calling a few friends to help part them out, there's a risk we wouldn't keep up with more orders! I have a helper doing all the order picking while I only do verification and packing, this is far from a full-time occupation for both.

I hope you are all as satisfied with the level of sales. :D

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Only really been going for a year but November and December have been my best months so Far.
    May was a previous best and July the worst over the last 6 months
  • I had emailed Lawrence to see if he had done anything different with advertising, but no. It's just natural growth of the marketplace, which is awesome! We are getting about 340 orders a month on BO.
  • edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @DadsAFOL Very nice! It might be natural growth of the marketplace rather than some annual cycle after all. I'm at 56 orders in the last 30 days on BrickOwl, just that feels quite enough over here. :)
  • I am very new, just been up for just 3 month but I am seeing a really strong push in January averaging over 10 orders a day (180 over the last 30 days which shows how skewed Jan has been so far for me)
  • Same for me. I'm running only a small store with a few orders.
    December and the beginning of January are my best month ever.

The bad thing is, that feedback is going down. Only 3 Feedbacks on the last 25 Orders...
  • I think the sales volume proves that positive feedback for sellers is almost meaningless. As long as you don't have a bunch of negatives, if you have what the buyer wants at the right price, you'll get the sale. Glad to see its everyone benefiting from the growth and not just us.
  • @DadsAFOL I think it has been a while since you started at zero feedback. :) Believe me, I have had some nervous buyers before the feedback hit 20 (I could not claim the boost because it was too late once I received my first BrickOwl feedback, oh well).