Do quotes expire?

edited January 2015 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
I was thinking a seller might lose out if postal rates have changed since the quote was provided.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If that is the case, then you can go in and edit the quote. Also convenient if you entered the wrong price the first time.
  • They do not expire, and you can edit them as mentioned above
  • Sounds good, I wasn't aware you are able to edit quotes. I wouldn't want to have 100s of quotes to update though :)
  • I am not sure if the quotes are working well on the buyer side as recently I got lot of quotes and replied it but no response to go further from quotes to orders even on some returning buyers quoted me still haven't move out from quotes to order yet.
  • edited January 2015 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Quotes work well, 2 out 3 lead to an order in my store past 48 hours ;-)
  • Quotes work well, 2 out 3 lead to an order in my store past 48 hours ;-)
    I think is still not working on my side as since I opened the store the daily quotes had been stable and a lot and get nearly all orders like you said. I often have around 5-10 quoted remain frozen there but now had stretched to 21 quoted today which I never had that amount. I re-quote them all again and one had finally responded as I feel this buyer had been waiting for my quote since last week, had responded and place the order quickly. It does concern me some buyers may think I haven't bother to answer their quotes or quotes emails had went to their spam folder and they did not see it. One buyer did send a quote to me this morning for a urgent order on 1st class delivery but no response after I quoted him. It also hard to tell of the buyer had been online recently like in BL and no notification if the buyer had seen my quote, a red flag would be helpful for unread and green flag for being read like in BL messaging system.

• @Jiries The best thing to do would be to setup your shipping methods and then people can place orders without requesting quotes in the first place. That way you can then see if there is an issue, and your orders should also go up.