bricksync download brickowl order

Hello,

recently i'm trying out the new bricksync software but how can i download an order into a bsx file ?
The check brickowl function does not do the trick.

thanks in advance,

Peter

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It will save as BSX files all new BrickOwl orders.

It can't save past orders as BSX, because they could contain BOIDs that BrickSync has never seen before and it therefore couldn't translate them into BLIDs.

The only way to solve this would be to supply BrickSync with a complete BLID<->BOID database.
  • So it is also not possible to check manually an order and resolve the BOIDs for that order in any way ?
  • edited December 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Resolving BOIDs into BLIDs is not possible, it's a one way translation unless a cache or database is being used.

The next software after BrickSync, some inventory management software, will come with a complete database allowing to save BrickOwl orders as BSX (and more).
  • why so, if the BOID's are known and the BLID's are present in the brickowl catalog translation is possible if not an unresolved item will appear but could be fixed manually, is this true ? or do i have a wrong idea of the mechanics?

• The BrickOwl catalog may know BLIDs but it does not show BLIDs anywhere, in any form or shape (this is to protect BrickOwl against some bullies who think community-contributed IDs are their own precious intellectual property). So, we can look up the BOID for a BLID, but we can't figure out the BLID for a BOID (unless we use a cache/database of some sort).

Is it really essential for you to have past orders saved as BSX?... Keep in mind that all BO/BL orders received after BrickSync was initialized will be saved as BSX files.
  • Thanks for the clarification. I initially thought the design ID was used as reference to the bricklink catalog. So bricksync creates a locally stored cache database for the matching BOID and BLID? the others none matching id items would resolve in an issue at this point ?

I use those files as an backup file, analysis purposes and keep track of the inventory. The missing orders I will have to do by hand :) but all new order will go automatically so thats a big improvement !

But 1 thing i do not understand the community build the bricklink catalog how can it be that we cannot use it ?

• Thanks for the clarification. I initially thought the design ID was used as reference to the bricklink catalog. So bricksync creates a locally stored cache database for the matching BOID and BLID? the others none matching id items would resolve in an issue at this point?
    BrickSync is designed to always see a BLID before a BOID, one way or the other. Therefore it will have cached that BLID<->BOID translation at some point.
    But 1 thing i do not understand the community build the bricklink catalog how can it be that we cannot use it ?
    They decided the IDs were their own precious intellectual property and that they could threaten with legal action anyone else for using them, even if the catalog was community-built and most of these codes came from LEGO or Peeron. Go figure, that's the new BrickLink administration.