Get your store listed on Rebrickable

Store owners can now access a new settings panel here http://brickowl.com/mystore/settings/affiliate_settings that lets you control which affiliate schemes your store is signed up to.

Our first affiliate scheme is with Rebrickable, if you haven't heard of them before, they are a website that shows you which Lego sets you can build by reusing sets and parts that you already own. If you sign up to be listed on their site, you will be shown amongst the existing stores. When users of Rebrickable do not have all the parts required to make up a set, they can choose to buy the parts from any of the stores listed. If they choose your store, all of the parts will be added to their cart in your store with one click. The more of the required parts you have, the higher up you will be shown in the list on Rebrickable.

There is a bit more information on the affiliate setting page.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Also, I'm aware a few stores here are already listed on Rebrickable. If you sign up via Brick Owl, Nathan at Rebrickable will contact you to ask if you want your Bricklink listing on Rebrickable disabled. The benefit of having your Brick Owl store listed over your BrickLink store is the instant add to cart functionality as opposed to the (copy XML, upload to WishList, view WishList, add to cart) process on BrickLink.
  • Nice one. I wasn't keen on signing up via BL since Rebrickable fees for BL stores needed to be fixed, based upon number of lots listed, regardless of whether sales were made or not. With BrickOwl's affiliate tracking, fees can be percentage based, on actual sales made, so definitely a more attractive proposition.
  • For the stores that have already signed up, you are now appearing on Rebrickable including your little store logos! We have had an order come through and get tracked successfully etc so it's all looking good now.
  • Call me a noob here ... but where do I see my store listed on rebrickable? On the brickowl end is there anything more to do than enabling the 'enabled' checkbox?
  • That's all you need to do, for example, on this page http://rebrickable.com/sets/10232-1/palace-cinema-modular-buildings-2013 where there is the list of stores, if you click show more vendors, you should see your store.
  • Cool feature!

Thanks James.
  • This is great and we've already gotten an order, thanks! I apologize if I am missing something but how do we pay the Rebrickable fees?
    Thx!
    Tracy
  • There are no fees to pay until October, I will build something so you can pay them via PayPal through Brick Owl before then.
  • Are those fees on top of the Brick Owl fees? Or a replacement? Are these fees to Rebrickable or to Brick Owl. The text is a little unclear regarding this matter.
  • They are ontop of Owl Fees, they are paid to Rebricable, but through us so you dont have to make lots of payments. I will clear it up when I make the system.
  • Great, thanks!
    Tracy