What is a customer supposed to be doing when paypal returns an error during checkout ?

What is a customer supposed to be doing when paypal returns an error during checkout ?
I have several customers who faced this issue recently. I do not know their Paypal address so I can't send them an invoice.
I am not sure what the customer is seeing on his side so It is hard to help them. Some have managed to pay eventually but I am not sure how.

Thanks

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It depends on the type of issue. I can see one of your customers said they had an error with PayPal, I couldn't find anything in the logs, so that may have been on PayPal site. If anyone ever reports any error to you, the best thing to do is to ask the customer for more information and contact us using the link at the bottom of the page.
  • Additionally, I notice you are using PayPal for standard accounts, PayPal for business accounts is much more reliable and has no chance of customers placing orders without making payment. There is a message to this effect at the top of the payment methods screen.
  • Thanks Lawrence, I am already midway through updating my account (waiting for a taxid).

Regarding what the customer can do, do they see my paypal address and can they send directly funds to my account (one of them seems to have managed to do so).
  • I'm not sure, it depends what issue they have and where they are getting stuck, the only way to know really would be to ask the customer I'm afraid.
  • I have had the same issue a few times (including just yesterday), with the customer asking how he can try paying again. We generally resolve through a manual payment, but is there a way for a customer to attempt payment again from within BrickOwl?
  • That is only an issue with Paypal for Standard accounts, which as you can probably gather, it would be solved by using Paypal for Business accounts. Customers can also click a link to pay in their order confirmation email.
  • So payment can be attempted again through a link in the order confirmation email. Good, that should be easier than arranging manual payments (with the messaging system stripping out email addresses...).

Thank you!
  • Thanks apparently that did the trick.