What is the best way to deal with a lost parcel .

I had an order from a first time buyer for £20 of power function stuff and a few technic parts . The order was shipped regular airmail to italy as chosen by the buyer . Now i have recieved an email saying that the item has not arrived ( 10 days after shipping ) . What is the best way to resolve this ? Any help much appreciated .

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would wait longer. The Italian postal service has a poor reputation, and things can easily get stuck in customs for a week.
  • Agreed with above, definitely wait longer for Italy.
  • I normally respond stating Royal Mail's policy, that they do not consider a package lost until 20 working days from expected delivery date (items sent to Europe). I give the buyer the estimated date and ask them to contact me after this if it still hasn't arrived.
  • Just wait longer. I had this before and some orders to Italy can take over 4 weeks.

I also send my orders to Italy in an blank envelope with just the address of the buyer and my personal return address. Nothing more. So it is not obvious where it came from.

Normally I put some fancy stickers on the envelope, so it's clear I am a vendor. But not to Italy.

Frank.