Singapore PayPal

Is anyone aware of an issue with PayPal in Singapore whereby the money doesn't always arrive immediately. I've had an order from there and the seller manually marked the order as 'payment sent' though nothing has yet arrived in my PayPal account. Additionally the seller has asked that I send the parcel to an address different to the one they originally provided.

In itself neither thing would bother me too much, I'd simply wait for the payment to arrive and send to whatever address is given by PayPal (having first advised the buyer of that), but I'm going on a brief holiday tomorrow and I'm in a bit of a quandary. I don't want to cancel the order because if the payment subsequently turns up, there'll be a delay before I can refund it. If I do nothing and the payment clears while I'm away, there'll be a delay before I can send the order. If I send the order before receiving payment, I risk not receiving the cash and also encourage a scammer to try again elsewhere.

The safest thing from my point of view is to simply cancel the order, but I'm assuming for now that the customer is genuine and cancelling their order would not be great customer service. Does anyone know if there's sometimes a delay with PayPal payments made from Singaporean accounts? I've never had an issue before and have sent stuff there previously.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you use PayPal for personal accounts, customers can place orders and not pay for them, which sounds like what has happened here. You can ask the customer to click on the link in the order confirmation e-mail to pay for the order. You may want to try switching to PayPal for business accounts to prevent this issue from occurring.