reloadable master/visa cards during checkout

Does BO accept them? If so, what do they put for the expiration date since they don't always have one?

I have a potential customer who wants to use one (re loadable card from wal-mart/convenient stores) and wants to know if we accept them. I thought they came with expiration dates but from him/her wanting to know how to put in that spot I guess not?

Thank you,
Chris

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have no idea about your specific question, but can't the card work when used through Paypal?
  • Depends who you're using to process credit cards, BO doesn't directly have any care of the type of card.
  • I am using paypal and stripe. I will see if I can figure it out.
    Thank you,
    Chris
  • Now mind you, it has been a dozen years or so since I have bought/used prepaid mc/visa cards, but some types you had to register online with your address and such before being able to purchase things online with them...My info could be totally outdated and useless, but perhaps something to look in to :)
  • They act just like credit cards with a 16+3 or 15+4 number. I've received them as gifts before and the included instructions always say to run it like a credit card, BUT if you're trying to purchase even one penny more than the balance of the card, it will be denied. Like a debit with no overdraft coverage.

Brian