same set with different contents (8 different colour and 2 versions each)

For testing catalog possibilities, I want to try getting a complete entry of set 518 (2x4 plates, released 1962).
Only speaking of different contents, not yet the different packages:
518-1: comes with 8 different colours of plates, each in 2 versions (different quantity for Europe and USA) = 16 different sets (not yet regarding package designs)
518-9: comes with 7 different colours of plates = 7 different sets
23 sets - are you sure that this is ok ?? If yes, I'll go ahead

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That's quite a lot. Do you know if there are many sets like this? Just wondering if its worth doing something like 518-1-1 ... 518-1-2
  • There are some more, all the older supplementary sets. On Bl such sets are listed as 1 set, and the inventory then says ... or ... or ... and so on. But this wouldn't work with the inventory system here, I suppose - and listed items always need a description. However, the numbering 518-1-1 lookss funny to me (or just not used to it). Can't we just call the sets 'red 2x4 plates Set', 'black 2x4 plates Set' ...? Easier to look at.
  • Ah, I was being silly, they can all have the same set number as the internal numbering system is independent of that. If you submit them with a ID of UNKNOWN you can then attach the set number later.

The only issue then is I have to make sure they won't incorrectly match up with the brickset data. If you submit them, I will save the brickset matching is a problem, I think it should be okay because there are multiple matches and so it will not match if that makes any sense :)
  • But I'll create them ALL new and will not use the 518-1 2x4 Plates (cardboard box version) Set. This set entry doesn't match at all as it has the LEGO/Duplo logo on top. But in 1962 the logos that are shown didn't exist yet.
  • The current 518-1 entry has the logo fixed now. Maybe it would make sense to name that "undetermined type" as if someone imports there BrickLink inventory for example that is what it will be attached to.

I have approved the set submissions for now so you don't get spammed with too many e-mails. Do you want to go through and name each of them appropriately for their respective colour?
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Forgot about 518-9, I have renamed that to undetermined colour also.
  • not spammed? just got 15 emails from BrickOwl for the approved items (so I forgot one). However, I don't know if I'll be able to go ahead with them this weekend. Just tried to make a bit order in the lego room all day long (I took too much out for pictures and/or inventories I wanted to make). So it was all a mess. And son's coming along tomorrow with his girl friend, absolutely have to clean up and get all that lego out of the living area and go shopping to get everything for a nice lunch and ... and ... and
  • BTW, can't you make something that we can see on the breakdown what was submitted/approved/rejected? I'm always afraid to submit something double or to forget something as I can't see what I had already done or not. Would allow to have less a mess, and would avoid the emails.
  • That's no problem. I will in the future I'm sure make something so you can click on those numbers and view what they represent.
  • Great, thank you