Lego birthday party

Any ideas for gears to setup a Lego birthday party for my 7 year old girl.
Looking for decorations, invitations, party favors etc for around 10 kids (boys and girls).

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well we did something for my lad now 9 - most of the theme was created by my Wife - i.e. custom made/printed as everything LEGO is ©

a big hit was making minifigs best way get a job lot off "an auction site" take em apart - build away.

cake was made like LEGO 3001 brick - also got a mini fig mold from LEGO to make Ice cubes - works well making chocolate mini figs too.

LEGO were selling a party kit - a bit lame IMO - get creative with printing your own invites instead

Party favor bags included various LEGO parts - a bagged mini fig at random and so on.

and of course they got to play with the rather large LEGO bin.

A great party all in… kids didn't want to leave!!

• I did find a reasonably priced Lego party kit on BL will see how that goes. Also got a Lego "Creationary" set that should entertain for a little while. For decoration, the wife has taken over and seems to be set on doing her own printing too. Etsy seems to be full of "non official" ideas.

Personally I think I am going to get a kicker with brick candies. I just bough a "small" batch of some stackable ones and it actually works !
  • You could also look on Pinterest. I sure I've seen simple Lego party bags and other Lego party ideas.
  • A friend of mine here in the UK has a business running Lego Workshops as an educational thing and has recently been asked to run Lego themed birthday parties for children. They seem to have gone down a storm too.

Her business is called "Gincandescence: Lego and science workshops Education · Entertainment service" and you can find her on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Gincandescence