DO NOT DOWNLOAD BrickSync version 1.2.0

Alexis (asleep now) made a new Bricksync version last night as I encountered quite some bugs yesterday, DO NOT download version 1.2.0. as it will destroy all special items like minifigs, all items with an 'x' in the BL partnumber and much more... keep your current version.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited November 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hum... The only differences in 1.2.0 were:
    - Parsing BrickOwl JSON without complaining even if some values were unexpexctedly 'null'
    - Limiting comments/remarks to 255 characters due to a BL limitation

Please send me more information in private. So far, it looks like you could have edited the inventory outside of blmaster mode or so...
  • Hi Alexis, PM send.
    The lot's that got erased have been in my store for ages (matter of speak) and none off those where edited in any way the past few days.
    Luckely Bricksync makes backup files right after starting up the program, so the youngest backup was less then 2 hours old, from earlier this morning :-)
    I renamed the backup, erased the current bsx file and replaced it by the backup, loaded the previous bricksync version and everything got restored except for a few lot's I updated between the startup of my PC this morning and the launch of 1.2.0.
    So not much harm done, but I did panic at first :-D
  • The BrickSync version is probably not a factor here...

Remember that the 'sync' command makes the inventory on both BO and BL match exactly the file data/bricksync.inventor.bsx. For some reason, some lots weren't present in that file. I think the two most likely scenarios are:
    - The command 'sync' was run for the first time in a very long time, and some lots were added very long ago without the "blmaster mode" being enabled.
    - The file bricksync.inventor.bsx was edited in BrickStore/BrickStock, that program wanted to delete some lots that were unknown to the software, and they were deleted. The file was then edited and saved with deleted lots.

If you think a different scenario may have happened, we can figure that out. Can you send me all of data/logs/ and data/backups/? We can track exactly the history of the lots from that.

Thanks.
  • Alexis,
    I started sync on friday (version 1.5.0) you know that. On saturday I had 7 BO orders, some synced fine (regular items) and some had issues because the lot's got deleted on BL while the retain was on. Retain was activated in the config file (not in the BSX), the next order it caused issues on regular items (retain on BL 'off'), so I deleted the bsx file and let bricksync create a new one (late saturday evening). All was fine at that point, the next morning, after startup I activated Bricksync, it notified me both store inventories where up-to-date. I adjusted a couple of lot's (blmaster mode) based on saturdays orders (re-activating a few lot's and adjusting quantity on some others). The bsx file was never touched (except by the blmaster mode). Then I installed V1.2.0, launched, typed sync, and it notified me of 300 lot's being updated, it wasn't an update, it was the destruction of 300 lot's: Every single minifig lot (about 179) and plenty of special lot's like clikits, belville (fabuland as well btw) and many lot's starting with an 'x'. These lot's had not been touched since friday when I launched sync v1.1.5, the BSX file wasn't edited in any way either on sunday morning...

Please send me zips for all versions between 1.1.5 and 1.2.0, the modification you did on v1.2.0 might be harmless, maybe the cause was embedded prior to that version and nobody used it or nobody had flukes because their inventory is a bit easier then mine (after all plenty of special items)?
    I'm at home tomorrow, allthough I have a paintjob to do, I can run each version to find out if errors occur.

Cheers, Eric

PS1: Two BL orders came in past 2 hours, they synced fine (running v1.5.0), one of the sold lot's was among the destroyed lot's this morning, so luckely I was able to load that the backup file ;-)

PS2: not much point of sending other files, the main log you already have, the bsx that got altered has been destroyed (and no log on brickstock) and replaced by the backup and the lot's got re-created on BL with new 'lot ID's', so no match to the old lotID's and therefor they also have a new lotID on BO (and I deleted the 300 that where set to quantity zero on BO due to the adjustment of the lot's that no longer existed on BL).
  • I have received the log file 2014-11-16.txt but I would need all the log files since the "init". I can't see the history of the lots just from the last day's log.

Backups are also automatically saved all the time, before any change, and these are never deleted. Can you send me all of them? That'll pinpoint exactly at which point the inventory was altered.

Absolutely everything is saved, logs and backups, I can track exactly what happened if you send me these files. Thanks.