How many orders have you had ?

Been on owl for nearly 3 weeks and have had 5 orders here compared with 15 on the other site .
What sort of numbers are you getting ? jc

Comments

• 21 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • None here yet but we've not really loaded much inventory yet. Of those 5 orders are the buyers known to you on the other site or are they "new" customers attracted to your store here?
    Robert
  • i had 9 orders over here so far.
  • the orders came from people i have never traded with before ( on bl ) , so thats a 25% increase in overall trade for me :)
  • I've had 3 orders on BL for July and 2 here from people I've never heard of. That with having over 13,000 parts.

Brian
  • that is very encouraging, thanks both for sharing!

Robert
  • 10 on BL in July and 1 here from somebody I had never dealt with before.
  • From my point of view, at the start there were people well known to the Lego community placing orders and trying out the site. Now there is a lot more "normal" people who find us and register an account during the checkout process. Several of these customers have also come back and made repeat orders already. We certainly need to grow a lot but it is promising at this stage.
  • 10 Brick owl orders, only 1 or possibly 2 I think I have sold to before elsewhere.

Alison
  • 4 on BL and 2 here this month, not the most but I have already a small store
  • 3 BL orders and 2 orders here,and i only been hera a bit over a week with 0 fedback compared to 3 years and 700+ feedback on BL so very promising.
  • One nice order from a new buyer to me, comment was something like "I like buying here better".

I don't have the same # of lots in inventory here and am quite specialized now to compare elsewhere.

I am slightly surprised that none of those cheapish SW figs I listed here sold, they really are good prices I would never have listed them for if not fishing for sales. I have never had a need for a "sale" and find them confusing overall to keep track of in stores, so I just don't go there.

Does the lack of the word "SALE!" to the average consumer really make that much of a difference?

Joe
  • 5 on BL and 1 here this month. I like this site :):)>-
  • Third order for me now, from a buyer who requested my store password on the 'other site'. I convinced them to join the owl side ... with success!
  • Are you splitting your inventory or simply running the same inventory on BL and here?
  • I transferred all my inventory to here. It's the ideal time to do so, summer is always a slow period. By the end of summer this site will rock and the 'other site' will probably still be talking about their next version ... So I expect sales to slowly pick up as this site gets further developed and refined and more buyers find their way to the Owl.
  • I just finished transferring one of my BL wanted lists to BrickStore and then uploaded it to Brick Owl. I plan to place my next order on here, and any subsequent orders where I can find what I'm looking for. I am very pleased to see a number of excellent Owl stores with large vintage parts inventories, because at first I thought the site was focusing on high-volume, new parts sales. But the collector has plenty of opportunities here too.
  • I received 3 orders yesterday, all with consecutive order numbers. I thought I read a post that the order number was supposed to be random between 1000000 and 9999999, but can't find it.
  • That's funny, I just looked and there several orders in between each of those, you just got lucky. They are random, but its crappy random. So they sometimes appear consecutive but they're not always.
  • geez, guess i shoudl go buy a Powerball ticket!
  • I have had two orders here so far. Both were processed smoothly and the checkout and shipping worked as advertised.

Why only two orders? I have only listed my PARTS here, and as a sync to my BL inventory, which is intentionally priced high to keep sales slow. Parts sales are on the back burner for me as I work my two retail stores.

Also, I have only defined domestic shipping, and even then only First Class and Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes.

So, I suspect that when I get to the point of being able to handle the orders i'll be able to adjust my pricing and have to orders flow in.

Troy