Shopping Cart

It would be nice to have a list of stores for which you have items in their shopping cart. Perhaps on the Orders page, or a "Shopping Carts" link off of the context menu of your name.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • And it would be nice if sellers could see anonymously when items are in someone's cart but not purchased yet. @sidersdd - i wouldn't have known you were having a problem checking out if you hadn't posted on BS.
  • ^ That would be interesting. Of course you wouldn't know if someone just abandonned their cart or were truly deliberating or processing a purchase. But it would be interesting to know.

How long do carts last? I did just confirm the carts are localized. I hopped over to another machine, logged in to BrickOwl, went to your store, and did not see anything in my cart.
  • Both suggestions sound good, on the list they go. Carts will last for a month or so, they are currently localised due to the complexity of handling merging carts when you login etc. As people may or may not want the cart to be merged.
  • I think I read somewhere that BO would consider shopping carts "active" for 30 days. If so, I think that is way too long. IMO, carts should only be considered active for a few days at most. I could be wrong, but think the vast majority of buyers make up their minds within a few hours or days.

I want the number showing open carts in my store to be meaningful and not cluttered with carts that are 15, 20 or 30 days old. If BO is unable or members unwilling to shorten the time, maybe you could make this a seller setting to show open carts in their store for whatever number of days the seller may decide to input. For me, I would probably set it at 3-5 days.

Thor
  • I'd like my own carts to stay open for about a week, personally. I don't mind about carts in my store, I can learn to ignore it.

Brian
  • 3-5 days isn't nearly long enough. I like the 30 days. This is absolutely something that I would use. Many times on BL, I would start a cart with the intention of finishing it up later, but it had disappeared. I'd refill based on what I remembered I was going to get, and it would clear out again before I was done.

Maybe this isn't common for a lot of buyers, but it would be beneficial for me.

(To use a different shopping site, it is common for me to add stuff to my cart on Amazon (chapters.ca more likely, actually), but not go back to finish that order for several months.
This discussion has been closed.