different designs of vintage supplementary packaging

old supplentary sets (with identical inventory) come in different designs (up to ten I think). It would be fine to put the different possible designs as additional pictures in the packaging section. But IMO there should be a number (or something alike) on the photo to make listing/description easier for sellers and choice easier for buyers.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you are talking about the same set, with the same set number, and the same contents, but different packaging, I would make separate packaging items. So, make the 10 different packaging designs an individual packaging item using the item creation form. They can all have the same set number. After they are approved, you can create a packaging relationship to link them all up to the set. They could then all be included in the inventory of the item in an alternate group.

What do you think about that?
  • ok, that seems logic, and yes same set number same contents. I'll take photos and submit. For item creation, how should the different packaging designs be named? There are (1) different packaging systems (Kliklok box and tray/sleeve box), and then (2) different designs for each. There would be even more combinations, as there are different packaging sizes (European and British I think, but I don't have any British one)
  • At the moment, it is not possible to set the name of packaging, it is automatically set to the set name + "packaging", so you can just enter the set name for all of them. I will need to make an optional packaging description field or something, I'm not really sure.

You are coming up with an awful lot of edge cases to test my catalog :)
  • At the moment, it is not possible to set the name of packaging, it is automatically set to the set name + "packaging", so you can just enter the set name for all of them. I will need to make an optional packaging description field or something, I'm not really sure.
    pictures will be self-explaining

You are coming up with an awful lot of edge cases to test my catalog :)
    you're welcome, but what an awful catalog will we have in the end (and if they realize where it's going, I'm sure many collectors with much more knowledge than me will be happy to contribute)