sets available with list of parts

Hello.
Maybe this already exists, and im too lazy to find it, but is there a way of listing parts an individual owns, and a system coming up with sets that those parts are in?
I know there is a breakdown of parts for each set... but that only lists by individual pieces.
Can I say "I have this part in this colour, and 3 of this part in this colour, etc etc.... Which set can be made from these parts?
I bought a 'lucky dip" box from ebay and have completed 2 star wars vehicles by obvious parts (no minifigs) but im left with 20 or so pieces that I cannot place in either vehicle. Maybe just spare parts from sellers own collection, and not enough parts to make a third vehicle, but would be nice to know where they came from.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe what you are looking for is http://rebrickable.com/

I don't use it very much at all so others would have to help with it but I know you can say
    "I own this set, that set, and 3 of these sets. What other LEGO creations can I make with them?"

Enjoy,
    Chris
  • edited October 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Similar idea, but not quite what I'm looking for. (unless I'm not doing it right).
    I bought a selection from eBay, advertised as "350 pieces..." didn't mention which sets the parts were from. Using a little detective work, I managed to build general grievous wheel bike from 75040, minus the missiles and minifigs.
    Using brickowls own "found in" feature, I made the swamp speeder from 75035. Again no minifigs.
    Now I'm left with a number of parts I just can't place. Most notably, 3 6x6 webbed dishes, 2 grey aand 1 dark grey. Star wars colours. Also other parts include an 8 long axle with stop, 2x1 grey brick with + axle hole and a few others.
    At some point I will add my star wars sets to some online inventory... Slowly building an impressive collection.
  • edited November 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I concur with budgetkids. Rebrickable is the place to go, but you will have to create an accurate parts list. You can also add sets and have the set parts included in your visible parts list.
    There are various settings to tweak when you choose to build with your parts and sets.
    I find the site extremely useful, even if just to keep an online inventory, but I do wish it looked less cluttered and was easier to navigate.

Now if it's simply a case of matching a part to a set, you can do that here. There are tabs to click on if you view the item via "catalogue inventory." The tab title is, "Comes In" and is second from left.