Newish member here with a question about being blocked by a store?

edited October 2014 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi. I'm fairly new to this site, only having placed 7 orders in the last month and a half. My feed back as a buyer is 100% and I try to be a good steward of my end of the deal.

I was putting together an order yesterday and became frustrated that adding 2 minifig accessories caused my shipping to go from $4.50 to $7.00 while adding other, larger items would not. I sent a message to the store owner (who will currently remain nameless) asking for clairification and was promptly blocked from placing my order, or any future orders, with the store. I understand not wanting to get a bad review but I never threatened a bad review or anything close to it. Further more, regardless of personal feelings, I would never disparage a store, even in the body of a positive reivew unless it was for a gross violation like sending a part with teeth marks in it that was sold as new. (My store review history would back this up.)

So is this normal treatment from store owners? This is a new store I was dealing with that had some of the best pricing I've seen and I was excited that I had found them. I'm an analyst by trade so you can imagine that I had done some extensive research on store pricing before spending the better part of 3 hours putting an order together with this particular seller. My only disappointment was with the way the shipping charges kept climbing as I'd add things that I felt like shouldn't really make a difference. I am in the process of finishing a castle for my son and I was very excited to find most of the missing pieces I needed and now that inital excitement has fell to deep concern over future shopping.

If needed i can post my message to the store owner. I don't want anyone to think that I was blocked for being an a-hole or going on a tirad.

Thanks.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The two minifig accessories must have been missing dimensions in the database, and the automated shipping calculations assumed they had a large volume, just to be on the safe side. The next time you encounter such a situation, you can try asking for a shipping quote from your cart.

And sorry about the poor experience with that store! Most people here provide great customer service, and will work with you to minimize the shipping fee.
  • A. Sellers have no way of seeing who was blocked unless the store owner mentions it. Then he outs himself as well.

B. There are lots of other stores here. :-)

Brian
  • I agree with Stragus. Missing dimension on the smallest of pieces could change postage a huge amount.

Requesting a quote instead would probably have solved it and you don't have to buy when they return the quote.

Some of us might let you know if postage was to expensive and give you a refund or store credit for the difference! ;-)

By the way I'll be adding parts from Castle Set 70404 in the next few days, although shipping from the UK might be a bit expensive compared to US.

Mark