Deleting Duplicate Lots

Is there any way to quickly delete duplicate lots. I have over 700.

I made the mistake of trying to make changes on BL and then update here via BrickStock file. Lesson learned. Now I need to get these extra lots gone. I uploaded the BrickOwl backup file I made right before, but the duplicates are still out there.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My Store -> Inventory -> Select Quantity 0 on the left panel -> Check all checkboxes -> Mass inventory update, delete
  • The duplicates have varying quantities. None of them are 0.
  • So basically you forgot to check "merge items"? Happened to me as well. I didn't find any solution, did everything by hand..

Will probably never forget merging again however :)
  • Oops sorry, I read too fast!

If you run BrickSync, it will compare the BL and BO inventories and ask your approval to delete every duplicate lot. Basically, it will make BO's inventory exactly match BL's the first time it is run.
    http://www.bricksync.net/
  • You beat me to it, was about to suggest it.

Hope Loremonger runs on 64 bits however (sorry, inside joke)
  • Eh well, BrickSync runs fine on Windows XP 32 bits and Windows 7 32 bits. ;)

There's something weird about Vista 32 bits, it even looks like an OS bug. I guess I'll just implement a work-around for Vista users that wouldn't guarantee robust file journaling in the event of a power failure while writing files.
  • @BrickItOn Actually, I was trying to do a BrickStore Import/Update. I just wanted to adjust prices. For some reason, it created 355 lots, probably because they weren't previously paired up. I've been using Brick Owl as my primary and pushing updates to BL via BrickPacker. So no external lot IDs.

@Stargus What is the status of BrickSync? The short version. I was following the thread early on, but I couldn't keep up. Do you have it pretty much stable at this point? I was leery of early adoption. Basically to avoid the kind of problems that I just created for myself. Irony...
  • @Loremonger It should be very safe. Except for BrickItOn's weird glitch on Vista 32 bits (which I can't reproduce), I haven't heard of any bug in about a week. And the serious bugs all came out in the first 3-4 days of public beta testing.

The big thread is full of obsolete information, but this is up-to-date:
    http://www.bricksync.net/