inventories

ok, many inventories are missing parts or minifigs. This is a problem which will probably only need time to be resolved. But I noticed that (mainly older) sets list all common parts but miss especially the rare or expensive parts. This gives a terribly erroned part out value and the normal buyer will not understand why the whole set is so expensive.
I don't know how others make and submit their inventory (for me, it happened that I didn't find a part in the catalog, but then I put a note for admin that part xxx is still missing because I can't find the ID).
And to all submitters: please make inventory only with a COMPLETE set in hand or by using the original instructions.
Renate

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm wondering if some of those older inventories are from the LEGO site; TLG's inventories usually are missing minifig and unique/printed pieces, especially if they're not produced anymore.
  • That's the most likely explanation.

I believe the catalog should have all the old parts in, although possibly with no image attached.
  • I try and update inventories of the sets I'm selling if I spot that they're incomplete. I only deal in polybag sets so it's not that difficult. However it's not always possible to have accurate inventories because sometimes a set has different production runs which include different pieces. The Camper Van is a good example of this but by no means the only one. Another is the birthday cake poly which has been produced with different base plates. I'm not sure how other online catalogues deal with such issues.