Order Combining Issue

This has happened more than once :-

Order combined without charging combining fee.

1st order customer selected Priority Mail shipping.
2nd order customer selected First Class.
Because First Class was less by a considerable amount - on check out of second order customer was offered + $0.35 (priority) or $0 (1st class) and obviously didn't realize they were downgrading shipping.

Either I send 1st class, as the order(s) now show and upset customer OR eat the combining fee - which is obviously what I will do.

@Admin please consider "not allowing" shipping downgrade on check out of additional items. OR. Add a "pop-up" alerting customer that they are changing shipping method.

Thank You

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I just had the opposite yesterday and it worked flawless, but my buyer requested a quote in stead of checking out. I quoted the extra shippingcost and the combining fee was added on top. The parts had 'known' sizes, and his previous order was flatrate (with the extra parts it became 'thick rate'), so he should have been able to checkout right away.
    However what I did notice, is that when I changed the shippingmethod on his addition (was showing 'quote') towards 'thickrate', his initial order also became 'thickrate', so that sounded perfect for me, but I can imagine if the addition is selected differently and the initial order 'method' changes for the worse, then yes, it could be an issue.
    Maybe Lawrence could change towards 'force quote' as soon it concerns an addition, after all, sellers can judge better how to handle the addition, after looking at the initial order and it's shippingoptions. Just a thought...
  • I don't believe any customer intends to downgrade shipping when they add to order - they just (naturally) take the least expensive option (in this case $0 instead of +$.35)