Label Printers

Thinking about getting a label printer.

Had seen a Brother QL500 for a good price in Costco, but noticed BO is only supporting Dymo.
Are there any plans to support any others?

I'm guessing it's easy to copy address from BO to print.
Is it possible to do it from iPad?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am not an expert on these things, but maybe keep this in mind (especially with Dymo): Some label printers are designed to take only the original paper, no matter what you try (and I tried a lot). Those labels are in my opinion extremely expensive. You might be better of buying an older type that also takes 3th party paper. Or am I not allowed to say that?

I work with a Dymo 450 Turbo, but when this roll is done, I am buying an older one.
  • You can get generic labels for Dymo, now - we get ours through our Stamps.com account, they're also available on Amazon. The important thing is you can't use just any generic 4x6 label - it has to be a generic specifically for Dymo's labels, as they have an extra hole and the labels that don't have that extra hole (i.e, most 4x6 labels) won't work.

Edited to add: Our Dymo is a 4XL
  • Have gone for the Dymo 450
    £50 on Amazon with x3 labels

There are other brand labels from Mr Stationary which get good reviews.
  • edited October 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I've got a Dymo, but if I'd buy one again I'd go for a Brother. Pretty disappointed with how long the software takes to load, the layout bugs in the software and the lack of updates.

Also, careful with low budget labels. They may fade over time, which is completely unacceptable but somehow it's legal to sell them anyway. Imagine your parcel turning up somewhere on the other side of the world with a blank label..
  • dymo 450 here , i buy my rolls from ebay , work fine
  • We use the brother ql-1050 and love it, it's a workhorse. We get offbrand replacement rolls for our 4 x 6 labels quite cheaply.

I did ask Lawrence about supporting other label printers like Brother and he said it was something he could look into, maybe he'll have time to re-visit in the future (message link http://www.brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/comment/1733).