Parent relationships

I recently edited what I thought would be a parent part, 4mm Pneumatic hose. I changed the width and depth as the length was undetermined. I also changed the material from ABS plastic to rubber. I was hoping that this would affect all the other pneumatic hose and that I could just go add length to each one. Didn't quite happen this way. What am I misunderstanding?

Brian

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Also on the pneumatic hoses, what would be the best way to express the lengths in studs, cm, and inches? Should this be part of the name or should the cm and inches be tags?

Brian
  • Those particular items are not in a relationship. With those items, that's a bit difficult, if you enter their correct dimensions, they will be excluded from many shipping methods but if you coil them up they will fit.

Maybe the dimensions could be the coiled up dimensions with a description stating that the dimensions are when the item is coiled up. You could also put the uncoiled dimensions in the description.

Don't put the dimensions in the tags
  • How about rigid hose, especially 63L. I'm sure you could bend it a little. It's 50cm, maybe you could get it into a 40cm package. For the yanks, that's 20" long, maybe it could bend a little for a 16" package. All the same I'd hate to risk it getting bent in the middle.

Brian