Interesting observation on fees due.

Yesterday my fees were US$11.07. Today they are US$10.97. I've had no cancelled items in any orders. Maybe I'll forget to pay for a few more days and hope the value of the pound against the dollar drops a bit more. :-D

Or I'll just be a responsible member and pay while I'm thinking about it...

Brian

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hmm... and then Paypal charged me $11.26 on the £ balance...
  • Probably a change in the xe.com conversion rate from day to day. Its a good question for @Admin though. As a store that sells in USD, I would think that my fees are fixed in USD, and that the conversion to GBP fluctuates when paid, with BO taking the risk on currency exchange rates. But it appears our fees are calculated in GBP at time of sale, and we sellers take the currency exchange risk.
  • Besides daily fluctuations, exchange rates from xe.com also don't consider the 3% that Paypal (and most banks) charge for currency conversion, which is probably a more serious issue.
  • This is why I accept GBP as payment so I don't get hit with conversion fees. So far haven't needed to convert anything, but I am running out of GBP. (Had a large GBP order a while ago that helped!)

How/when the fees are calculated definitely need to get looked at.
  • All commission is billed in GBP but the local currency is also shown on the account page for your convenience. There is a rediculous amount of squiggly line symbols to indicate that the local currency shown is an approximation.
  • we sellers take the currency exchange risk.
    That's the way it's always been for non-USD sellers on BL!

• My solution was to accept GBP as well as USD - last month it was perfect my PP balance in GBP was enough to cover fees - no "hit" on the exchange rate :)