Please filter SPAM and unsolicited advertsing messages

Today a BrickOwl user (and past customer) has sent an unsolicited advertisement for "Minecraft Birthdays" - using the message system, whilst it doesn't show in the BO message (on site) all the code rolls thru to my email as content - which I don't appreciate!

Also today i got a message from an obviously hacked account - again whilst the content doesn't show on site it does in my email.

As you are able to strip certain content from the message on site could you not also relay the stripped version rather than allowing the unfiltered version thru?

Obviously this leaves the system open to solicitations for other things too.

Cheers Graham

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When you receive messages like that, send me an email with a link to the user and I can disable their email sending ability.
  • Except that it may not be the user's fault, someone may have commandeered their email account. What if the user is unaware of the hijinks and goes to place another order?
  • It will not affect their ability to place orders or receive messages etc
  • @DagsBricks I think it means they won't be able to send email from outside the BrickOwl message system - which is (i believe) what is happening.

Is there any need to send an initial email outside/offsite BrickOwl at all?

Spam I send the user (a past customer) a message to let them know they have been hacked.
    This is the first advertisement - and intentionally sent - I have received.
  • @DagsBricks
    Yes there is, pictures of a set for example, if the buyer requests them prior to purchase (just had another one this week), they are send from personal inbox trough BO and then dropped in the personal inbox from the buyer (on BO pictures are not shown, only the the attached text).
  • @Admin could you remove HTML web addresses from messages sent using the message system - like you do with "e-mail address removed" ?
  • @DagsBricks
    Yes there is, pictures of a set for example, if the buyer requests them prior to purchase (just had another one this week), they are send from personal inbox trough BO and then dropped in the personal inbox from the buyer (on BO pictures are not shown, only the the attached text).
    @RobErNat - you would be responding to a message sent to you not sending the initial (first) message,

tho,

Perhaps @Admin you could allow attaching pictures in the message system?

• @RobErNat - you would be responding to a message sent to you not sending the initial (first) message,

tho,

Perhaps @Admin you could allow attaching pictures in the message system?
    Buyers usually send a query through BO, so it's a matter of checking wether the message went through BO in the first place, if it does, I see no harm.

Pictures can be quit large, for last buyer (yes he did place an order after the pictures) it involved 8 pictures with a total of 6.6 Mb (I didn't make the too large), BO doesn't purge orders or mails (so far), so all that data would remain present, not very economical 'storage wise' in the long run I think.