Suggestion for additional minifig categories

Hi all,
I've been updating a lot of minifigs lately to attach them to their propper 'gender', mainly male and female, but I also moved a lot of droids and robot to the N/A section (for obvious reasons). Unfortunatly it seems the Owl is considering figs in the N/A section as being figs with 'missing gender data' (check image below).
I would like to suggest to add a few extra 'main' fig categories to sort figs under:
Droids/Robots (Star Wars/Space/Etc)
Animal based (Ninjago/Fabuland/kitty from The Lego Movie/Etc)
Trolls, Orcs, Goblins (Castle/LOTR/Harry Potter/Etc)
Miscellanious (anything that can't be sorted in the other sections)
With the option offcourse to add an extra 1 or 2 categories in future to refine a bit in case of need.

Change the name N/A to: not sorted yet (for new figs entering the database, if not sorted right away + the ones that are currently in that section) and consider them as 'missing gender' untill sorted.

It would simplify things a little (or be more obvious), open new ways for buyers in the search section for minifigs (Filters) and would allow to know exactly which figs are actually missing the 'gender' data, as right now the N/A section is actually growing (due to moving Droids and Robots there) in stead of getting smaller.

Hope Admin Lawrence will support/implement the idea, based on what he and others find of the suggestion :)

Cheers, Eric

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • PS all kind of 'monsters' would also be in the Trolls/Orcs/Goblins section, the section could be named 'fantasy creatures' for example (or simply 'creatures')
  • @ Lawrence: an update on this, or even your simple personal thoughts would be nice. According to votes several people would welcome this (not many votes, but at least not zero or negatif). So is this possible/workable for you?
  • I think N/A is properly named, if it means the information is actually Not Available and must be filled in. If it means Not Applicable, then it's rather ambiguous.

For things that are neither male or female, the third option of Unisex sounds strange... Perhaps a new category such as Undefined would resolve the ambiguity?
This discussion has been closed.