id_lookup API call

edited September 2014 in API Vote Up0Vote Down
What's good!

I'm using the id_lookup API call to obtain a corresponding BOID to a part's design ID, which in some cases provides a lot. I know there's an optional id_type parameter; what are the possible values I can use for it?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The only value I'm aware of is "bl_item_no" to translate a BL_ID into a BOID. The reverse translation isn't possible (as BrickLink's claims of intellectual property covers their part names).
  • You could use "design_id". Some design ID's map to multiple items though so there will be multiple responses
  • Yes, that would be the next challenge to face.
    Thank you for the responses!
  • Basically I've been experimenting with trying to replicate the functionality of LDD Manager using the Brick Owl database.
    (LDD Manager is a tool that checks LDD files for valid part-colour combinations, and can do a few other things - in particular, export a wishlist to the other site.)
    Although LXF files can be uploaded to one's wishlist here, I wanted the ability to check whether a part exists in the colour I've used, so I can go back and correct it if necessary.

I'm giving this a go because LDD Manager hasn't had its database updated for a long time, and using it to check LDD files often results in newer parts being completely ignored.

One small hurdle is with decorated parts, which LDD gives a decoration ID in addition to a colour and design ID; these will probably have to be manually mapped.
  • Could you give an example of what a decoration ID is like, is it different to the item numbers?
  • In the picture here we have:
    - a double-sided head with a decoration ID of 600052,0,59878 (not sure what the middle one is)
    - a 2x2 tile with decoration ID 55350
    - a minifigure torso (front decoration, no back decoration) with decoration ID 600078,0.

So each pattern has its own numeric ID, and parts can have more than one.