Order Stuck on Payment Submitted

I have an order that has been stuck on a Payment Submitted status for a couple of days now. Payment was via PayPal, but I can't see it in my account. Does anyone know what I'm waiting for?

Enoch

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited September 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Is it me? :D

Anyway, I'm having the exact same situation at seller's end ;) I wonder how, normally with the automatic check out thing payment & status update are immediate..
  • You need to use PayPal for business accounts, instead of PayPal for personal accounts. There is a explanation here http://www.brickowl.com/mystore/settings/payment_methods
  • Upgrading is on my list. My confusion is that it shows that payment was submitted on the Brick Owl side. Could it be that the payment really wasn't submitted, but abandoned in the middle of the process.
  • Thanks. I have upgraded to PayPal Business and added it as a payment method. For the order in question, will the customer able to revisit the order and pay with the new payment method?
  • No, but they can pay for the current order using a link in their order confirmation email
  • I'm having a received order that is stuck on payment submitted, even though I've adopted the business account variant now (for the admin, in case you want to know: 3364902).

Apparently something went wrong at the buyer's end. I can't know exactly how it all went (you'd have to ask the buyer), but apparently they had the idea the payment had gone through and BrickOwl seems to have automatically updated to "payment submitted".
    The buyer retried by placing the same order again, that time it did work correctly (however, the grand total was incorrect due to incorrect assumption of combined shipping so I had to refund and we had to try again manually through PayPal).
    So I'm not quite sure what happened the first time. I don't expect this problem will be super common in the future as a few other orders also seem to work properly, but I thought I'd just report this anyway.
  • edited September 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That order was placed with paypal for personal accounts, it can be seen on the order details screen. The order screen also shows the customer set the status to payment submitted, not Brick Owl.
  • Thanks for the quick reply! OK, clear. So apparently I was wrong, it must've been placed just before I removed that method. Maybe that's the reason why the customer did it correctly the second time. All is good then, thanks :)