Can we have part 6269 a and b?

These goblets come in two types:

http://img.brickowl.com/files/image_cache/large/lego-black-minifig-goblet-6269-30-300678-38.jpg

http://img.brickowl.com/files/image_cache/larger/lego-black-minifig-goblet-6269-2-300678-38.jpg

Can we have separate entries for them? I would help, but I'm not sure how to name it and all that. Also, I wonder which type appears when. I am fairly sure the one with a ring at the bottom is oldest. I'm looking to buy some of those, but at this point it's hard to do..

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In the spectrum of part variations, that's a very small one... No functional difference, and it's hardly noticeable.

I guess it just falls below the threshold point of variation importance to be worth separating?
  • @Teup: you're right, those with the ring are the older ones (before 1996). Some sellers (like me) list them separately and put in the order description which type it is. I do have both types in my store, have a look.
  • In the spectrum of part variations, that's a very small one... No functional difference, and it's hardly noticeable.

I guess it just falls below the threshold point of variation importance to be worth separating?
    I agree 99% of users probably couldn't care less.. :D But that's kind of the thing with most of the variations. Blocked studs vs safety studs has no functional difference, groove vs no groove is only esthetic, thick clips, thin clips, rounded clips, ...

If you're looking to complete some Classic Space sets, that new type isn't really satisfying. Actually, this was one of the first part variations that I already spotted many years ago with my then untrained eye. So I think it's visible and significant enough. The new type just looks cheap to me :P
    @Teup: you're right, those with the ring are the older ones (before 1996). Some sellers (like me) list them separately and put in the order description which type it is. I do have both types in my store, have a look.
    Thanks! I'll have a look :)