Discrepancy between order total and PayPal payment

I have been reading the Forum and have not seen this pop up before, so pardon me if this is a "known" bug...

There is a difference of 20 cents between a new order total (placed today) and what I paid through PayPal (direct link). It is a small amount, but it still has me somewhat concerned.

I ususally insist on a manual transmission of funds (i.e. typing in the PayPal address and then pasting in the other party's email), but I have set that practice aside for the time being to give Brick Owl's new streamlined checkout a try. At this point, though, I really would like some reassurance that the payment side of things here is rock solid before using another direct link.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have been trying to track down why this happened just now. I thought I should check, did you add any items to your cart after you had already begun the checkout process?
  • If the "checkout process" entails viewing the cart, then yes. I went back a couple of times and added things. But each time I added, I added much more than 20 cents worth.
  • Sorry I mean once you started actually picking your shipping address, your shipping method, choosing PayPal, and then going and adding something else to your cart. It should not be possible, but I just wanted to double check
  • No, I believe I only went through that process once, although I can't be 100% sure. Everything is still very new.
  • Actually, now that I am looking at the My Orders page, I see two amounts for this order - the lower one is in parentheses, and it represents the PayPal amount.

Oddly, too, below that (on another order) the amount is showing in USD, but it should be EUR. Perhaps this is an exchange rate issue.
  • I was not able to work out exactly why this happened, however I have changed how the payment total system works so that this should not happen again. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
  • Thanks for fixing this. I appreciate your attentiveness to people's issues and the quick turnaround, and I'm starting to get the idea that this site is in for some exponential growth!