paul'sbricks

Thought it about time I said hi.

I was introduced to Lego at a young age and grew up with it collecting sets, building models, taking them apart and putting them back together. In my late teens and early twenties though the bricks stayed in the box, I went to university, got married, had kids, and became a Civil Engineer ..... still building but on a larger scale doing extensions to my house, and on an even bigger scale still with my job but still my Lego stayed in its box.

I introduced my kids to Lego as every good father should do but in this new age of everything electronic it didn't seem to inspire them and their occasional sets from Christmas and birthdays ended up in the box too. about five years ago though after running out of Christmas ideas my wife bought me the limited edition Millennium Falcon 5000 piece ...... and I've been hooked again since building it.

I meticulously went through my box of Lego and started sorting everything out and then separating it into sets and bagging them up.

Work, divorce and a life changing accident for my daughter meant the Lego was put down again, and put back in the Loft partially bagged and sorted.

About 2 years ago my daughter got into the Lego Expert Creator buildings and it was then that I came across this site about a year ago looking for a few replacement parts.

Six months ago the loft Lego came out and I started ordering parts to make up the sets from my childhood preferring this site as a buyer to Bricklink, but once everything was sorted and I'd decided which sets I could actually make up without spending a fortune to finish, I was left with a lot of pieces left over and have moved from buyer to seller telling myself its just to sell off the remainder of the loft Lego .........but after two weeks of trading I'm left wondering whether I will be happy or sad when its all gone ?

Paul

Comments