Payment logos on store front sometimes incorrect

edited August 2014 in Site Issues Vote Up0Vote Down
Someone pointed out to me that my store has the PayPal logo even though I don't accept PayPal for European buyers (except for the poor brits, who have to perform all sorts of crazy rituals to get the IBAN gods to hear them). He pointed out that it was misleading, and I agree. Is it possible for payment logos only to show when they're relevant for the region of the buyer? I personally don't really care since I'm just a seller, but for the buyers' sakes it could be good idea. (Or did I overlook a setting again? :) )

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Technically, yes but it would cause issues if the ship to county differs from the buyers location. It's best to provide payment methods with as few restrictions as possible for a better customer experience.
  • edited August 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I was thinking that too. Tricky. There are many payment methods around that are only relevant for specific locations, and I bet there are many other sellers who limit payment methods for some locations. It'd definitely be worth fixing, but I understand the issue with the mismatch. Something worth pondering, maybe someone will think of a good fix sometime :)