Why 4 entries in catalog?

Part "Ice Sword with Ø3.2 Shaft (11439)" is listed 4 times shouldn't these be alternates?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • They are marbeled, so the base color varies, while the 'outer' color may vary as well. When an item has 2 colors it's tricky to list under one entry, as one day TLG may combine 2 other colors, allthough in this case it think that's quite doubtfull. A general entry could be created and the 4 colored versions could reside under it I suppose.
  • There is a similar problem with the marbled Zamor spheres (palantir in LOTR, fire and ice in Chima, etc)
  • You can request item deletion and leave a note that the item already exists under a different BOID. I'm not sure whether Admin can 'merge' the items to keep inventories/lots intact, or whether you'd have to then submit inventory change requests to replace the deleted item with the retained item.
  • We don't have an easy merge ability, and if Lego did do different color combinations, they would then need to be separated, leading to a huge mess for me :)
  • OK - that explains a few other parts that applies to as well - no problem - will leave it alone!