Anyone waiting on payment from a customer in AUS?

edited August 2014 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I received a large order from a (potential) customer in Australia, before they placed the order they stated that they didn't have a PayPal account and asked "how they could pay" - so I created a payment method to allow payment by IMO… they placed the order July 21

…then nothing, a week goes by and I get a message saying they got a (new) PP account but couldn't pay more than $100 at a time (to family???), then I notice the IP address is Vietnam.

This sounded and looked a little odd so I sent a lengthy email explaining that I can't accept "gift" payments, nor change the payment method, other than by cancelling and have them re-order, and that if PayPal were used it needs to be a verified address, and that is the address I will send to.

Reply was "be back in OZ in a couple of days" so I am still waiting on the IMO - until a couple days ago - another message "got a PP account, can I call you (phone)" - replied with similar info as before and said "you may call" - nothing again.

I think I will give them a couple more days and then cancel the order.

Anyone else dealing with this? New member - no feedback

Thanks G

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If I were in that situation, I would cancel the order. This "customer" is either scamming you, has no intention of paying, or is a child. Return the cancelled order items to your inventory and sell them to actual customers.