echeques and order status

I had a payment by eCheque tonight, its status was set as payment received by the system, but I will not get payment for 7 days. It does say payment pending in the paypal box at the bottom, but really shouldn't have the status as payment received. I have no way of changing it back to grey and therefore no way of indicating to the buyer or other people who work with me that the payment is cleared in 7 days time. Surely for eCheques it should just automatically shade Green the payment submitted and then when it has cleared the payment received go green, either automatically or by us manually?

Alison

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Righto, I have added that to my list. For now I have reset the status.
  • Hi,

When you sort this please can you make order status not have to be linear? With this order I have processed it, the order is now sorted and ready to send, when the payment clears. We marked it processed but the system assumes that because we have processed the order we have received the payment. With having more than one of us sorting orders it would help to be able to mark when someone has sorted an order.

If customers are paying by something that is not instantaneous we will nearly always get the order ready to post and wait for the payment to arrive. But with the current system there is no way to show that.

Alison