Why Was My Post Deleted?

edited July 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
With all due respect Admin, "keep it friendly"??? What about my post was NOT friendly? I answered a question and expressed my opinion supporting the feedback boost. I did NOT attack, insult or criticize anyone. Nor did I say anything personal about anyone. So what exactly was the problem?

I am asking you this publicly because I'd like to know for future reference. And because other members might also want to know when you consider a post as crossing some line.

I'm not angry or upset. Just surprised. And sincere in wanting to know what you consider unfriendly or inappropriate. I certainly don't want any trouble.

Thor

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The simple answer would be I want to foster a positive friendly forum, and avoid the negativity that can sometimes occur in forums of this nature.
  • I wonder if he intended to say "foster". :D

Brian
  • I wonder if he intended to say "foster". :D

Brian
    Nice.
  • Understood. And perfectly reasonable. Still, how exactly was my post neither positive nor friendly? Want line did I cross? Please educate me and others so we know the boundaries here. Thank you.
  • I actually read your post that was deleted and, honestly, I couldn't find an unfriendly word, phrase or insinuation in the entire comment. There was no vulgarity or name calling.

We're all adults, here, or should be, and I don't feel that every word we write needs to reflect life as if we're in Utopia.

Let us have our discussions and disagreements. They usually lead to better ideas and different ways of reaching the same result and, in this case, being more sophisticated buyers and sellers and sometimes even friends. And, you may even learn something if you're truly "listening".

Pam
  • I was curious too. I remember reading it and thinking no differently of it than any other post. The fact that I can't recall a durn word from it must mean it was pretty benign.

Brian