Best shippers for Canadians

edited July 2014 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I'm keeping track of which shippers offer the best shipping rates to Canada. The Canadian sellers are all great but non Canadian sellers are usually in the $7-$8 range for small ish orders (0-50) parts, while some are only $3-$4 (comparable with Canadian shippers). Here's a document where I'm keeping track:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LXKNt0tLUU67aj5Sy8KWlMyE6pMb_HL9jf6cis3NWeI/edit?usp=docslist_api

It is world-writable, so please fell free to add to it.

Thanks, Dave

Comments

• 27 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Starting at $2.30 for 70g, I'm not cheap enough? :)

Really any Canadian seller packing orders as domestic Oversized Mail should ship for cheap. It can be time consuming to pack some 200g-500g orders under 20mm though.
  • Makes sense that non Canadian sellers are $7-$8 range for small orders. In the US, shipping to Canada via bubble mailer starts at $6.55 and jumps to $7.65 at 3oz.
  • Ours is: (bubble mailer)
    1 ounce = 28.34g = $3.29
    2 Ounces = 56.7g = $3.50
    3 Ounces = 85g = $3.71
    4 Ounces = 113.4g = $3.91
    5 Ounces = 141.75g = $4.12

Shipping prices above based on VANCOUVER BC CANADA destination.
    Melissa
  • @johnsma2000 just curious, on your Canadian shipping do you take a hit on the shipping costs? Or ship not via USPS?

USPS International First Class Package Rates: https://www.usps.com/shipping/s-fcpis-retail.csv
  • I would think about rephrasing the "Bad Ones" part. its not the sellers fault that postage costs are expensive from where they live, (I know some hike up the charge to cover costs) I charge £4.00 up to 100g to Canada (including packaging weight), I only add 50p to cover cost of envelope and paypal fee's I feel that it's a fair price but expensive for a small order compared to what Canadians would Charge even if they were to add £1.00 to cover costs they would be cheaper than me. In the UK the same order would be £1.43, which is reasonable even on small orders

I don't want to be on the bad one's list it sound erm, bad, I don't however mind been on a "more expensive" list as that's a fact.
  • It's about $6 (CAD) for a small order from Belgium to Canada. You'd comfortably get 2 polybags in it, or the equivalent amount of parts. Orders above that size might start to attract attention of customs so I suppose ordering locally would usually be better for all but the smallest orders.
  • I charge based on USPS 1st Class International Large Envelope. This is consistently less than USPS 1st Class International Package. My rate may also be lower since I use a service that gives me lower negotiated rates (Which I pass on to my customers).

Melissa
  • @johnsma2000 does the First Class International Large Envelope include tracking like the International Package service?

Unfortunately it is not possible to use that service if you print labels through USPS.com- only the package service is available online.
  • I use Stamps.com. As a user of their service; tracking is free even on First Class International Large Envelope.
    Melissa
  • @dgrant click on his name above or in your link.
  • I think most of the UK sellers will be in the expensive list.
    Due to the minimum cost being £3.80
    I'm the same as @shedloadobricks charging £4 for upto 100g including packaging.
    I do let customers know they could order more if they've only ordered a few grams.
  • Yeah I noticed the UK sellers to have generally more expensive shipping. Is there a letter mail option for smallish orders that can be made flat enough?
  • When I click on his name it takes me to his forum activity page.
  • On the left, under his avatar image.
  • @johnsma2000 for the First Class International Large Envelope, if I am reading correctly, the package just cannot be more than 3/4 of an inch thick? Any word on if the large envelopes get put through the same sorters as the regular envelopes?

https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class-international.htm

This is more for education sake for myself and international shipping :)

Thank you!
  • heey for me it is possible to send you a package up to 50 grams for 2.82 dollars. Although I'm looking for new postal services for international services so it could become less expensive :)
  • When I click on his name it takes me to his forum activity page.
    Sorry, do that and then look for where it says store.

Yes UK has a letter option but I think it's 5mm high!
    There is an economy option which is about 25% cheaper. Not sure how long it takes tough.

UK's postage is very simple. 4 zones UK, Europe, World 1 and World 2. And the various weights. The crazy thing is if I was posting an item under 100g to Northern Ireland it would cost 73p but if I was sending the same thing to Ireland (which counts as Europe) but just as close it would cost £3.20!
  • On the left, under his avatar image.
    Ah, thanks. I was using my mobile device and I'm not seeing that on mobile, but it's totally obvious on my laptop. Thanks!
  • I would think about rephrasing the "Bad Ones" part.
    Sorry about that, I had quickly added that while sitting at a red light in my car on my mobile phone. "Bad ones" was the first thing that came to my mind at the time I guess. I've changed it now.

• Ours is: (bubble mailer)
    1 ounce = 28.34g = $3.29
    Shipping prices above based on VANCOUVER BC CANADA destination.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are already on my list (and the only US seller so far on my list). And you have a lot of bricks too! At least bricks that are on my wishlist that is.
  • Starting at $2.30 for 70g, I'm not cheap enough? :)
    Yep, your rates are awesome (and so are the other Canadian sellers for Canadian buyers).

• heey for me it is possible to send you a package up to 50 grams for 2.82 dollars. Although I'm looking for new postal services for international services so it could become less expensive :)
    That's really cheap! There was another Netherlands seller that had a lot of items on my wishlist and his shipping was really cheap too!
  • From Poland to Canada (and whole World zone, excl. Europe) it's quite reasonable:

up to 50g - USD 2.56
    up to 100g - USD 4.70
    up to 350g - USD 5.35

Registered letter up to 350g is about USD 6.70.

And more important - we have no thickness limit :) Only L+W+H must not exceed 900mm.
    Most packages arrive up to 5-7 days.

Isabel
  • edited July 2014 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Very nice, Jazzabell.

That means we can ship a 3cm sided cube from Poland to Canada and that's cheaper than domestically across the street... Way to go, Canada Post! :p