syncing and brackets

On BL I have a note that is (5770) and on Brick Owl it has been imported as (5770)

Can this be sorted?

Alison

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • That makes no sense, I did not type (5770) the second time I typed some hash and amersands and it was corrected what I typed to be a bracket! I I will try a new sync check it hasn't been corrected and try that message again!

Alison
  • It can be fixed, can you tell me which of your items it is on?
  • Ok, so I have just completed a new sync and still have a problem. On Bricklink I have (5770) as a note. On Brick owl on my note it has imported as &Hash40;5770&hash41; .# replaced with words or it auto corrects to (5770)

I hope that make some sense!

Alison
  • It is on Knitted Cap (41334) Dark Bluish Gray

Alison
  • I suspect this may be happening on BL since I have notes on some of my lots that have brackets and although I always merge lots when I load new inventory I ended up with two lots for these items in BL. For one of these lots the "(" imported properly into Brick Owl and the other had the weird coding. On BL these look the same when viewed on screen but they must be stored differently.

Gerrit
  • @Masterbuilder1 could you try running the sync again? I think I may have resolved it.

It is indeed an issue with the data coming from BrickLink, randomly some times characters are encoded, and other times they are not. They must have changed something in the BrickLink code at some point that only affects newer lots. It may have been an attempt at security.
  • Just tried to sync, got an error saying it was an invalid csv?
  • I have just given it a run with my inventory file and it seems to be okay. I think occasionally this can happen if there was an error when uploading or downloading the file from BrickLink. Could you try running it again, possibly with a fresh BrickLink file?
  • I have e-mailed you as this seems to be an issue unique to us now. Thanks for your speedy action

Alison
  • Sorted thank you

Alison